[XeTeX] Handling of parentheses in graphical file names

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue May 23 10:27:35 CEST 2006

Attempting to apply LaTeX's \includegraphics to JPEG files with names
like (iii)403.jpg, through \includegraphics{(iii)403}, I am indeed
getting the graphics included, but prefixed with the text "403.pdf
403.png 403.jpg" in XeLaTeX. I am not seeing this in pdfLaTeX. Is
this a normal issue? Should I have used a special way of specifying
the parentheses in the file name?

Example below (the two images should normally be at the same size,
and without the text 403.pdf etc.):