[XeTeX] xdv2pdf psfonts.map

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri May 19 11:16:09 CEST 2006

Am 19.05.2006 um 09:32 schrieb Ralf Stubner:

> TDS 1.1 is by now almost two years old, and, eg, TeX Live 2004
> implemented it. But I don't
> know what versions are common on Macs.

I think in autumn of 2004 Gerben Wierda introduced an *EXPERIMENTAL*
TeX i-Package with teTeX 3 (texmf-beta-2.96.5.20040711). Since he
felt that the new *-sys utilities were a bit too much for an average
Mac user it took about one year until teTeX 3 made it to get a non-
experimental status.

Still the TeX i-Package offers both: TeX Live 2003 with teTeX2 and
TeX Live 2004/2005 with teTeX 3.

I think the situation in Mac OS X is not much different that on Linux
or Solaris with many folks preserving the old. As you showed how easy
it is to find out programmatically whether the local TeX installation
is based on TDS 1 (teTeX 2) or on TDS 1.1 (teTeX 3) both worlds can
be supported in an optimal manner.

The other TeX "distribution" for Mac OS X, MacTeX, a 250 MB disk
image, started last summer and is mainly a "basic" (i.e. complete)
installation of the TeX, XeTeX, and cm-super i-Packages + some extra
applications and other i-Packages, documentation, templates, etc. It
is TeX Live 2004/2005 with teTeX 3, too.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Windows, c'est un peu comme le beaujolais nouveau: à chaque nouvelle
cuvée on sait que ce sera dégueulasse, mais on en prend quand même,
par masochisme.