[XeTeX] Looking for a better font selection method

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Fri May 19 09:54:19 CEST 2006

Hi,

Sounds like Doulos SIL needs to expand its character repertoire by a
hundred thousand characters or so :)

On 19/05/2006, at 17:00 , Pektiong Tân wrote:
> Can we assign DIFFERENT DEFAULT FONT TO DIFFERENT UNICODE BLOCK?

Not at present. Theoretically, a whole lotta active characters could
do it, but that's impractical and very ugly.

The only real solution at the moment is to logically tag all of your
text, as you've done. There's a possibility in the future that
virtual fonts could handle what you want (rather than a fallback-
font, it would be more a combination-of-fonts), but I don't
understand the full ramifications of such a scheme.

Sorry!

Will