[XeTeX] How to use EC font encoding in XeTeX?

Arthur Reutenauer Arthur.Reutenauer at ens.fr
Thu May 18 15:27:44 CEST 2006

> XeTeX supports the "old" was of selecting Type1 fonts, but how can I
> trick it to use "čšž" (ccaron, scaron, zcaron) when typesetting in
> that font?

  I assume you have to choose an appropriate font encoding for LaTeX; I
guess T1 will do the job: if you use \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}, the glyphs
chosen for 'č', 'š', etc. will be ccaron, scaron, etc. from the font
(and, of course, none if they aren't avalaible in the font used) instead
of the plain latin letters combined with the haček. I am not sure if I
really answered your question; am I understanding it right?

	Arthur