[XeTeX] refusal to typeset and strange behaviour

Arthur Reutenauer Arthur.Reutenauer at ens.fr
Wed May 10 22:37:30 CEST 2006

> (2) I don't know what the {ucs} package does, but I would guess that
> it's unnecessary and possibly harmful when used in conjunction with
> xelatex, Unicode text, and Unicode fonts.

  So would I: the ucs package offers a very parametrizable way to input
UTF-8 in LaTeX, so it is indeed useless with XeTeX and potentially
dangerous given its intricate complexity (and, I would say, with all due
respect to Dominique Unruh who did an impressive job in putting this
together, its bloatness).

	Arthur