[XeTeX] New ConTeXt release and XeTeX - XeConTeXt

Otared Kavian otared at wanadoo.fr
Wed May 10 13:42:48 CEST 2006

At 20:09 +0900 10/05/06, Dalyoung wrote:
>Dear Otared,
>
>I tried your minimal.tex both in ConTeXt and in Xe-ConTeXt.
>In ConTeXt, everything is fine except the french diacritics are not
>appeared correctly.

Dear Dalyoung,

Thanks for your help. Actually my files were already in UTF8. But it
seems that, as Hans pointed out, one should not use
\enableregime[utf] with XeConTeXt, since XeTeX is already in UTF.
On the other hand the example below works fine (notive that \Times is
defined in another way than the previous definition), but still
XeConTeXt ignores the fonts defined in the old good ConTeXt way.

Best regards: OK

\usetypescript[times]
\setupbodyfont[times,12pt]
\starttext
\startbuffer[test]
This is a test with french diacritics: é, à, ç, è, ô.
\blank
\input knuth
\blank
\stopbuffer