[XeTeX] Fwd: MetaPost with XeTeX

Otared Kavian otared at wanadoo.fr
Wed May 10 13:29:30 CEST 2006

At 12:53 +0200 10/05/06, Hans Hagen wrote:
>   fill fullcirce scaled 3cm shifted (2cm,1cm) withcolorit's
>
>it's
>
>   fullcircle
>
>after fixing that it runs ok here
>
>(btw, this is more a question for the context list than for the xetex list)
>
>Hans

Hi again,

Unfortunately the problem seems to come from the junction
of XeTeX + ConTeXt... Indeed the following minimal example

%% begin dalyoung.tex
\setupcolors[state=start]
\starttext
\startMPcode
     fill fullcircle scaled 3cm withcolor red;
     fill fullcircle scaled 3cm shifted (2cm,1cm) withcolor
	transparent(1,0.5,green);
\stopMPcode
\stoptext
%% end dalyoung.tex

works fine with ConTeXt alone, but generates an error while typeset
with XeConTeXt.
If a file named dalyoung.tuo is present then XeConTeXt stops at the
line where \starttext is present. Otherwise I get the same error
message as Dalyoung Jeong, that is
%% begin error message
This is MetaPost, Version 0.901 (Web2C 7.5.5)
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/web2c/natural.tcx)
(dalyoung-mpgraph.mp
>>  ^^Mif
! Isolated expression.
<to be read again>
                    unknown
l.4  ^^Mif unknown
                    context_tool: input mp-tool;
?
%% end error message

I hope that this would help to locate the error (or a bug).
Best regards: OK