[XeTeX] New ConTeXt release and XeTeX - XeConTeXt

Otared Kavian otared at wanadoo.fr
Wed May 10 13:09:38 CEST 2006

At 11:22 +0200 10/05/06, Hans Hagen wrote:
>don't enable utf regimes in xetex!
>
>Hans

Oh thanks... I see the objection indeed, but the problem was not due to
\enableregime[utf]
but rather to a corrupt ".tuo" file created previously with XeConTeXt
(at least it seems so to me...).
Nevertheless the following minimal input

\starttext
\startbuffer[test]
\input knuth
\blank
\stopbuffer
\getbuffer[test]
\font\Times=Times at 12pt
\Times
\getbuffer[test]
\stoptext

generates a PDF file where the first occurence of the text inside the
buffer[test] is typeset with  lmr and the second one (where a \Times
font is defined) is typeset with Times Bold.
Since I can avoid using other fonts than lmr for a while, I won't
bother you more...

Best regards: OK