[XeTeX] Hard wrapping by list software

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue May 9 09:34:28 CEST 2006

Though I can't remember when this exactly began, it seems all
messages to this list are now hard wrapped automatically by the list
software before being sent. This makes it difficult to send messages
containing long paths or URLs, because these are broken onto several
lines, e.g.

> As offered by the microtype package for pdfTeX, probably: character
> protrusion and font expansion. See /Library/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/
> doc/latex/microtype/microtype.pdf.

or

> Of course, if you care to download the source code and build your own
> copy of 0.991, that's fine.... just get http://scripts.sil.org/svn-
> view/xetex/TAGS/xetex-0.991.tar.gz, and run the build-xetex and
> install-xetex scripts. Requires that you have development tools
> installed, but aside from that it's fairly straightforward.

and when copying then pasting them into a text field a space is
inserted where the line has been broken (at least when using Apple's
Mail, I haven't tried with Thunderbird):