[XeTeX] output on linux

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue May 9 00:33:55 CEST 2006

On 8 May 2006, at 5:00 pm, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Hi Jonathan
>
> You need to add the following lines to the unicode-letters file:
>
> \L 201C 201C 201C
> \L 201D 201D 201D
>
> some patterns contain  doublequote-char combinations

Can you give me some examples of this? Do you mean there are patterns
that really involve double-quote characters, or that some of the
existing patterns are written using (non-Unicode) input conventions
that involve the " character? If that's the case, this should be
handled by converting the sequences to the correct Unicode characters
for the language in question (e.g., by defining macros that map the "-
letter combinations to Unicode letters).

Remember that for XeTeX, the hyphenation patterns are to be defined
in terms of Unicode characters, not 8-bit (La|Con)TeX(t) legacy input
conventions.