[XeTeX] Correct LaTeX-logo – how?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon May 8 18:05:12 CEST 2006

Le 7 mai 06 à 15:26, Jonathan Kew a écrit :

> Of course, if you care to download the source code and build your own
> copy of 0.991, that's fine.... just get http://scripts.sil.org/svn-
> view/xetex/TAGS/xetex-0.991.tar.gz, and run the build-xetex and
> install-xetex scripts. Requires that you have development tools
> installed, but aside from that it's fairly straightforward.

After trial-and-error (given I'm not used to building software), the
following seemed to work, after cd'ing to the directory xetex-0.991:

chmod +x build-xetex
./build-xetex
chmod +x install-xetex
sudo ./install-xetex

It seems the second script (install-xetex) takes care of building the
xetex and xelatex formats, and of copying these formats together with
the binaries xetex, xdv2pdf and T1Wrap at the appropriate places in
the gwTeX tree.

The "XeTeX for Linux" page -- of course I only thought of looking at
it afterwards -- contains slightly different instructions:

sh build-xetex
sudo sh install-xetex

I imagine these are equivalent to the above.

Bruno Voisin