[XeTeX] =?WINDOWS-1250?Q?Re:__Correct_LaTeX-logo_=96_how=3F?=

Joanna Rycko rycko at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Sun May 7 15:59:00 CEST 2006

Dear Jonathan,

On 2006-05-07, at 14:09, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> On 7 May 2006, at 12:16 pm, Joanna Rycko wrote:
>
>> using XeLaTeX I wanted to typeset LaTeX or even TeX logo in my
>> document. But when the text is written in sans serif font, the
>> both logos are still in serif font.
>
> I think this means that you're loading a package of some kind that
> overrides the original definitions of the logos, as they should
> "just work" in a default XeLaTeX document.

It's the babel package, which prevents XeLaTeX of setting the correct
logos. I've checked it.

> If you find that a particular package is redefining \TeX, etc., and
> you want to preserve the original definition that doesn't mess with
> the typeface, you might be able to do something like this in your
> preamble:
>
> 	\let\originalTeX = \TeX
> 	\usepackage{some-package-that-redefines-TeX}
> 	\let\TeX = \originalTeX

It doesn't work for me, I'm getting this error:

! LaTeX Error: Missing \begin{document}.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.56 ...Init\CurrentOption{captions\CurrentOption}

?

The minimal working example is:

%!TEX TS-program = xelatex
%!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{fontspec,xunicode}
\defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}
\setromanfont{Hoefler Text}
\setsansfont{Gill Sans}

\let\originalTeX = \TeX
%\renewcommand{\originalTeX}{\TeX}
%\newcommand{\originalLaTeX}{\LaTeX}
\usepackage[ngerman]{babel}
\let\TeX = \originalTeX
%\renewcommand{\TeX}{\originalTeX}
%\renewcommand{\LaTeX}{\originalLaTeX}

\begin{document}
A simple text with \LaTeX\ and \TeX\ logo.

\textsf{A simple text with \LaTeX\ and \TeX\ logo.}
\end{document}

Joanna