[XeTeX] \XeTeX ?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sat May 6 08:15:40 CEST 2006

On 5/5/06, Jonathan Kew wrote:
> So you could use something along the lines of
>
> \def\XeTeX{\leavevmode
>    \setbox0=\hbox{X\lower.5ex
>    \hbox{\kern-.15em
>      \ifnum\XeTeXcharglyph"018E>0
>        \char"018E
>      \else\ifdim\fontdimen1\font=0pt
>        \reflectbox{E}%
>      \else % rotation is about the origin, so we need to adjust
> positioning
>        \XeTeXuseglyphmetrics=1
>        \setbox0=\hbox{E}\dimen0=\ht0 \advance\dimen0 by \dp0
>        \raise\dimen0\hbox{\rotatebox{180}{\box0}}%
>      \fi\fi
>    }\kern-.1667em \TeX}%
>    \dp0=0pt \ht0=0pt \box0 }
>
> which uses "018E if available, otherwise it uses \reflectbox for
> unslanted fonts, and \rotatebox for slanted.

Thanks a lot! Without even asking anything, three of my questions were
answered here at the same time.
- accessing glyphs by numbers
- proving if a glyph is available or not
- might be a good reason to ask for adding "reversed E" to Latin
Modern font (consequently they will probably add the lowercase letter
as well, which was exactly the letter I've been looking for since I
started to use LaTeX)

Mojca