[XeTeX] \XeTeX ?

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri May 5 10:30:56 CEST 2006

On 5 May 2006, at 8:22 am, Jjgod Jiang wrote:

> 2006/5/5, Jonathan Kew <jonathan_kew at sil.org>:
>>
>> What *should* work (though I haven't tried it yet) would be to load
>> graphicx, but explicitly give the [dvipdfm] option to select the
>> output driver. And be sure to use the package's version of \reflect,
>> not a private definition in the source file that uses the xdv2pdf
>> commands.
>
> \usepackage[dvipdfm]{graphicx}
>
> then replace \reflect{E} with \reflectbox{E} works fine for me.

Good - nice to know it actually works!

By the way, if you need the logo in italics, \reflectbox is not good
(a reflected italic letter slopes the wrong way!), but you may be
able to use \rotatebox instead. Provided the 'E' is fairly
symmetrical top/bottom, this looks OK.

The "best" solution, of course, is to use the proper Ǝ character (U
+018E), but very few fonts currently support this, so graphic
workarounds are the usual approach.