[XeTeX] accessing fonts from TeX tree and glyphs without Unicode slot

Adam Twardoch list.adam at twardoch.com
Thu May 4 14:55:11 CEST 2006

Jonathan Kew wrote:
> (Perhaps \XeTeXnamedglyph would be a good extension for a future
> version, as glyph names would be more likely to work even if you
> change or update the fonts. I'll give that some thought.)

That would be really nice, and especially useful for the time being
while XeTeX does not support one-out-of-many GSUB features.

When I build OpenType fonts, I generally try to make sure that there is
a certain redundancy in how applications can access various glyphs
through OTL features. For example, I always map a glyph such as "b.3" as
the 3rd variant within the "salt" feature as well as a simple variant
within the "ss03" feature etc. Unfortunately, each font developer has
his/her own conventions in doing this.

A.

--

Adam Twardoch
http://www.twardoch.com/

When J. Robert Oppenheimer said "I am become death, the destroyer
of worlds", he was not referring to the atomic bomb. He was
referring to the Chuck Norris halloween costume he was wearing.