[XeTeX] Spurious text (font name) in PDF output.

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed May 3 15:42:29 CEST 2006

Le 3 mai 06 à 14:23, Berteun Damman a écrit :

> On 5/3/06, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>
>> Try using the xunicode package too. I believe that fontspec used to
>> include that package but 1.9, at least, no longer does.
>
> Yes you're right, the problem lies with the \textbullet (or something)
> symbol, which xunicode resolves, but still, I don't think the output
> should be as it is now, even without xunicode. The appearance of (0)
> fd in the output is really strange. Perhaps the cause here is the same
> as in my previous example, wherein it does happen with or without
> xunicode. I tried to look into the log file whether it was some
> missing definition too in the first case, but I couldn't find one.

For maximum compatibility with standard LaTeX input, I would
recommend adding to your preamble, before \setromanfont{Times} and
after \usepackage{fontspec}:

\usepackage{xunicode}
\defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}

The first line will coerce control sequences such as \textbullet to
refer to the corresponding Unicode slots, and the second line will
perform the same for ligatures such as --.

This doesn't, of course, solve the issue about the spurious text
"(0).fd (0).fd" in the PDF output. This looks like a fontspec bug.

Bruno Voisin