[XeTeX] Spurious text (font name) in PDF output.

Berteun Damman berteun at gmail.com
Tue May 2 21:48:16 CEST 2006

Hello,

For fun I was typesetting and expermenting a bit with ledmac/ledpar
and XeTeX. It all worked out okay, but, when inserting a Russian text,
some spurious characters, presumably from a font name, appear in the
PDF file.

The example I provide is the smallest I can make. If the
\selectlanguage{russian} is changed to \selectlanguage{french} the
spurious output does not appear. If the ledpar environment is not used
however (when one just puts in the the main body) it does not appear
either, even though \selectlanguage{russian} is present.

I do not know much about russian, Babel does complain about a missing
encoding; but I found the \newcommand\cyrillicencoding{U} somewhere on
the net (and is needed for the document to compile).

Does anyone understand where the extra characters come from? I realise
this is a nasty interplay of complex packages, babel, ledpar/ledmac
with XeTeX, but I couldn't strip it down further.

The PDF file is at http://home.student.utwente.nl/b.t.damman/prsml.pdf
, which contains (0).fd (0).fd which shouldn't be there. The source of
the attachment is utf-8 encoded, and I'm running XeTeX 3.141592-0.99b
(Web2C 7.5.3)

Berteun