[XeTeX] follow uo to previous problem

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Mon May 1 00:21:43 CEST 2006

On 01/05/2006, at 7:26 , Alex Hamann wrote:

> After I changed the file name from "Greece Paper" to "Greece_Paper"
> it worked again. Still I would appreciate it if anybody could explain
> me why this is so and why this has changed since I updated.

Hmmm, someone complained the other day about XeTeX not handling files
with spaces. Was I wrong to think that XeTeX was supposed to handle
this fine? I can confirm that
   xelatex --shell-escape  "$1"
gives the above error when $1 is a string containing spaces.

Seems a funny time in the processing for that error to occur, though!

Will