[XeTeX] OT: Ukelele. Key bindings trouble

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Mar 20 15:58:44 CET 2006

Le 20 mars 06 à 14:02, Herbert Schulz a écrit :

> Do you happen to have a DefaultKeyBinding.dict file in your
> ~/Library/KeyBindings/ directory or maybe /Library/KeyBindings/? I
> use the one in my personal $HOME directory to bind Opt(alt)-v to
> the emacs style pageUp:,etc., and you might have one produced by
> some keyboard binding application.

OK, I was thinking that the existence of the file ~/Library/
KeyBindings/DefaultKeyBinding.dict was implying TextExtras had been
installed. But prompted by your remark I did some search in Apple's
Technical doc, and it seems that DefaultKeyBinding.dict, though
absent by default, is documented at Apple's site, and that examples
of Emacs-like key bindings are even provided:

<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/
BasicEventHandling/Tasks/TextDefaultsAndBindings.html#//apple_ref/doc/
uid/20000468-611005>

These do include Alt-d:

> /* Additional Emacs bindings */
>     "~f" = "moveWordForward:";
>     "~b" = "moveWordBackward:";
>     "~<" = "moveToBeginningOfDocument:";
>     "~>" = "moveToEndOfDocument:";
>     "~v" = "pageUp:";
>     "~d" = "deleteWordForward:";
>     "~^h" = "deleteWordBackward:";
>     "~\010" = "deleteWordBackward:";  /* Option-backspace */
>     "~\177" = "deleteWordBackward:";  /* Option-delete */

Bruno