[XeTeX] font not found

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Mar 3 14:52:28 CET 2006

On 3 Mar 2006, at 12:22 pm, Yves Codet wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I'm unable to use Devanagari MT with the following commands:
>
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \setromanfont[Ligatures=Rare,BoldFont={Devanagari MT
> Bold},ItalicFont={Devanagari MT Bold},BoldItalic={Devanagari MT
> Bold}]{Devanagari MT}
>
> I get this error message, which I don't understand:
>
> ! Font \zf at fonttwo="Devanagari MT" at 10.0pt not loadable:
> installed font not f
> ound.
> \ifEqFonts ...fi \font \zf at fonttwo = "#2" at 10pt
>                                                   \edef \@tempb
> {\fontname \...
> l.3 ...Italic={Devanagari MT Bold}]{Devanagari MT}
>
> ?                                                   \zf at aatfalse
> \zf at opentypef...
> l.3 ...Italic={Devanagari MT Bold}]{Devanagari MT}
>
> ?
>
> Here is a short sample, in case it may help to locate the problem:
> <snip>

Hello Yves,

I just pasted your sample into a new document in TeXShop, and ran it
with xelatex.... and it works fine for me, both with my current
development build of xetex and with version 0.99b from the web site.

So I'm not sure why you're having trouble. What exact versions of Mac
OS X, XeTeX, and Devanagari MT are you using? It might be worth
restarting OS X, and/or clearing the system's font caches (I believe
Linotype FontExplorer can do this, or there may be other ways)....
perhaps that would help.