[XeTeX] Installation of XeTeX through DarwinPorts

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Mar 3 08:21:57 CET 2006

Browsing through the DarwinPorts mailing list archive, I just noticed
a thread related to the installation of XeTeX as a port. See <http://
www.opendarwin.org/pipermail/darwinports/2006-March/thread.html#32512>.

They seem to have problems extracting the files from the .dmg disk
image, and don't seem to be aware of the related instructions  for
Fink <http://scripts.sil.org/xetex_fink>. At the SIL site I'm no
longer able to see the alternative .tgz archive that used to be
available following Ross Moore's requests. Was it removed?

I'm just posting this here in case someone (Jonathan?) is aware of
the issue and would be willing to communicate with them on the matter
(and I'm cc'ing the original poster of the DarwinPorts thread as well).

Bruno Voisin