[XeTeX] Typographical question: xetex' default wordspacing (\fontdimen2--7)

Joachim Trinkwitz jtr at uni-bonn.de
Mon Jun 26 20:52:01 CEST 2006

Am 24.06.2006 um 12:22 schrieb Jonathan Kew:

> If it's an old Type 1 font, xetex doesn't currently support kerning

Ouch, this is bad news for me, as most of my commercial fonts are
Type 1 ...

How old is "old" in this context? Are there "newer" Type 1 fonts,
which are supported?

Maybe another naive question: would it help to convert my fonts in
OTF, e.g. with fontforge or another software?

Thanks,
joachim

Dr. Joachim Trinkwitz     E-Mail: jtr at uni-bonn.de
Germanistisches Seminar   Tel.: 0228-737565
der Universität Bonn      Fax: 0228-737479
Am Hof 1d, 53113 Bonn     www.germanistik.uni-bonn.de