[XeTeX] Ideal way to handle fonts

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Mon Jun 26 19:56:05 CEST 2006

On Jun 26, 2006, at 8:09 AM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> Can you compare the behavior on different platforms, and see if it's
> consistent?

Yes, where a font works, the weights selected are consistent betwixt
the two platforms, so it looks like we've got a basis for working on
a solution for this --- Will Robertson, do you concur?

All of the fonts which I mentioned as not working on the PC under
W32tex work fine on the Mac _except_ for Bauer Bodoni Std which
doesn't work on either platform.

Here's the ftxdumperfuser output for the Roman weight:

This email message and any files transmitted with it contain information
which is confidential and intended only for the addressee(s). If you are
not the intended recipient(s), any usage,  dissemination, disclosure, or
action taken in  reliance on it is prohibited.  The reliability of  this
method of communication cannot be guaranteed.  Email can be intercepted,
corrupted, delayed, incompletely transmitted, virus-laden,  or otherwise
affected during transmission. Reasonable steps have been taken to reduce
the risk of viruses, but we cannot accept liability for damage sustained
as a result of this message. If you have received this message in error,
please immediately delete it and all copies of it and notify the sender.