[XeTeX] Ideal way to handle fonts

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Mon Jun 26 14:50:04 CEST 2006

On 26 Jun 2006, at 1:29 pm, William Adams wrote:

> On Jun 26, 2006, at 8:09 AM, Jonathan Kew wrote:
>
>> if the log includes a
>> stack trace showing where it crashed, I'd be curious to see that.

> <drwtsn32.log>
>
> I have zero idea of what this contains, but here 'tis.

Ah, so it's actually xdvipdfmx rather than xetex itself that crashed,
in this case.... see:

> Application exception occurred:
>         App:  (pid=1480)
> *----> Task List <----*
> 1480 xdvipdfmx.exe

But it is compiled without debugging symbols, so I have no idea where
the actual failure is.

Another request to Akira.... for the time being, at least, would it
be possible to include symbols in the xetex-related binaries, to give
a better chance of locating any problems that show up?