[XeTeX] Recent xdvipdfmx

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Jun 23 10:00:34 CEST 2006

Hi Akira,

On 23 Jun 2006, at 6:29 am, Akira Kakuto wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The latest xdvipdfmx works for
>
> xelatex usrguide
>
> however fails for
>
> xelatex -no-pdf usrguide
> xdvipdfmx usrguide
>
> by saying the following:
> Found 101 where post_post opcode should be
>
> ** ERROR ** Something is wrong. Are you sure this is a DVI file?
>
> Output file removed.

That seems very strange. This message is generated from the find_post
() routine, which is called very early on when reading a file (not a
pipe). But I don't see why it should have problems, and this code
hasn't been modified recently.

I tried these same commands on my Linux machine and both versions ran
fine.

> I did'nt check that the above bug is only in W32 or not.

Seems like on W32, either xdvipdfmx is doing something wrong when it
reads the file, or else xetex is doing something wrong when it writes
the postamble; that would explain the difference between running

   xelatex usrguide

and

   xelatex -no-pdf usrguide
   xdvipdfmx usrguide

because in the former case, when xdvipdfmx processes the output via a
pipe as it's created, the postamble is never actually read.

Could you try generating the .xdv file on Linux and then running
xdvipdfmx on W32, and vice versa, to try and establish exactly where
the problem lies?

Thanks,