[XeTeX] XeTeX vertical text layout support (for Linux & win32 users)

Jjgod Jiang gzjjgod at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 15:49:43 CEST 2006

Now you can understand what I wished for, if some fonts don't
provide such feature (ex. HanWangMingMedium), or provide
features we don't want to use (ex. AdobeSongStd-Light).We
could have some ways to select or adjust such stuff like
punctation position.

My question is, in which level we should implement these
adjusting feature? TeX level or TeX macro level? or we should
fix the font (or make a second copy of the font) instead?

2006/6/19, Jonathan Kew <jonathan_kew at sil.org>:

> Fonts could even offer both conventions, selected by a language
> system (localized forms) feature, if it's appropriate to use one for
> traditional and the other for simplified, or one for Chinese and the
> other for Japanese; or they could implement a generic (language-
> independent) optional feature so that users could pick according to
> their preference.
>
> But that's all dependent on what the font vendors choose to provide.

J.