[XeTeX] {XeTeX] Xetex Win32 problem

Jjgod Jiang gzjjgod at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 19:12:00 CEST 2006

Hi Wai and Jonathan,

I did spend some time building XeTeX-w32 sources provided by Akira,
and happened to have these binary incompatibility problems (Because
Akira use Microsoft VC++ 2003 to build the orginal binaries, I used MS
VC++ 2005) when building xdvipdfmx, since xdvipdfmx depends on 7
libraries (kpathsea, expat, fontconfig, freetype, libpaper, zlib, libpng) and
all of them should use the same version of MSVCRT.

But I don't know why Wai has this problem, since the dlls in current
directory should have highest procedence than others. Wai, could you
please search msvcp71.dll, msvcr71.dll and msvcrt.dll in your PATHs
and report which version of these dlls do you have? I can build a VC8
version of xetex binaries for you to try, if needed.

2006/6/19, Jonathan Kew <jonathan_kew at sil.org>:

> I can't comment on the incompatibility with Akira's binaries/
> libraries and your system.... that's entirely outside of my
> knowledge! I'll just note that I'm intending to try building a
> Windows version using MinGW tools; I just haven't had time to set up
> a system and experiment yet. But I believe it should be possible. If
> you succeed with this, I'd appreciate any feedback/patches/etc that
> may be relevant.

IMHO, Akira just simplified all the Makefiles to allow people build them
directly with nmake -f Makefile (without autotools).

J.