[XeTeX] Problem with footnotes and komascript

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Sun Jun 18 15:18:11 CEST 2006

> A Little correction:
>
> %Shape Command for footnotes: \textfu<--- Why not textsu
> (perscript): because I add the fontfeatures not with fontspec but
> differently and do not use only add +sups but also +numr to pull
> the numbers down to the vertical position where the letters are
> \newcommand\fudefault{fu}<------Is a remainder of my old stylefile,
> therefore, remove it
> \DeclareRobustCommand\fushape
>     {\not at math@alphabet\fushape\relax
>     \addfontfeatures{VerticalPosition=Superior}}
> \newcommand{\textfu}[1]{{\fushape #1}}
>
> Is \textsu already defined by xltxtra.sty? Then you can Ignor this
> declaration entirely
>
> TS

Thanks for the quick answer, but I still don't get this to work. With
the following example I get a

TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [input stack size=5000].
\fushape  ->\not @math at alphabet\fushape
                                         \relax \addfontfeatures
{VerticalPos...
l.22 test \emph{test}\footnote{
                                test}

\documentclass{scrbook}
\usepackage{xltxtra}
\usepackage{fontspec,xunicode}

\usepackage[xetex]{graphics}

\DeclareRobustCommand\fushape
     {\not at math@alphabet\fushape\relax
     \addfontfeatures{VerticalPosition=Superior}}
\newcommand{\textfu}[1]{{\fushape #1}}

\deffootnote[1em]{1em}{1em}{\textfu{\thefootnotemark}}
\deffootnotemark{\textfu{\thefootnotemark}}
\renewcommand{\thempfootnote}{\textfu{\textit{\alph{mpfootnote}}}}

\setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text, ItalicFont={Adobe Garamond Pro
Italic}]{Adobe Garamond Pro}

\begin{document}
test \emph{test}\footnote{test}
\end{document}

simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

"In a world getting more and more democratic, film directing is the last
resort for dictators." Francis Ford Coppola