[XeTeX] Problem with footnotes and komascript

Toralf Senger Senger at mpimp-golm.mpg.de
Sun Jun 18 12:53:28 CEST 2006

Hi Simon,

I use scrbook and place this in the preamble:

\deffootnote[1em]{1em}{1em}{\textfu{\thefootnotemark}}
\deffootnotemark{\textfu{\thefootnotemark}}
%footnotes of minipages, requires that abc..z are available as superscript withhin the font:
\renewcommand{\thempfootnote}{\textfu{\textit{\alph{mpfootnote}}}}

I use my own stylefile, where I define \textfu as:

%Shape Command for footnotes: \textfu
\newcommand\fudefault{fu}
\DeclareRobustCommand\fushape
    {\not at math@alphabet\fushape\relax
    \addfontfeatures{VerticalPosition=Superior}}
\newcommand{\textfu}[1]{{\fushape #1}}

You can put that into the preamble of your document es well. Note that you have to load fontspec for that to work!

TS