[XeTeX] MakeIndex

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Fri Jun 16 15:46:41 CEST 2006

On 16/06/2006, at 7:48 PM, Yves Codet wrote:

> I must be missing something. Is this command meant to overwrite the
> .idx file? I haven't found any "icase.sty" but there's an "icase.ist".
> I've tried this:
>
> makeindex -s icase.ist -i main.idx -o main.idx

Oops;  I  meant   .ist    rather than  .sty .
Sorry.

> But makeindex seems to enter a loop (maybe an \endinput is missing)
> and the output is blank:
>
> This is makeindex, version 2.14 [02-Oct-2002] (kpathsea + Thai
> support).
> Scanning style file
> /Users/ycodet/Library/texmf/makeindex/icase.istdone (0 attributes
> redefined, 26 ignored).
> Scanning input file main.idx...done (0 entries accepted, 0 rejected).
> Scanning input file stdin...^C

It may be that   icase.ist   does not provide enough info by itself,
but needs to be input along with other  .ist  files.

In any case, my point was that studying the use of  ,ist  files may lead
to a solution on how to define appropriate sorting orders.
It's not a problem that I've explored in any real depth.

> Best wishes,
>
> Yves

Hope this helps,

	Ross