[XeTeX] Optical sizing

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Fri Jun 16 14:56:46 CEST 2006

On Jun 16, 2006, at 8:45 AM, Adam Twardoch wrote:

> InDesign has been supporting the OpenType optical "size" feature at
> least since version 2.0 if not earlier.

How do you make it work then?

I just made a text block in InDesign CS3, set some 11 pt. Garamond
Premier Pro type, then set some of it to 8pt. and it stayed in the
Regular font. IME, (except for MMs which worked right) one has to
switch to the appropriate optical size version by hand.

Nothing comes up for optical size and OpenType fonts in the help menu.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer

This email message and any files transmitted with it contain information
which is confidential and intended only for the addressee(s). If you are
not the intended recipient(s), any usage,  dissemination, disclosure, or
action taken in  reliance on it is prohibited.  The reliability of  this
method of communication cannot be guaranteed.  Email can be intercepted,
corrupted, delayed, incompletely transmitted, virus-laden,  or otherwise
affected during transmission. Reasonable steps have been taken to reduce
the risk of viruses, but we cannot accept liability for damage sustained
as a result of this message. If you have received this message in error,
please immediately delete it and all copies of it and notify the sender.