[XeTeX] Feedback on W32 Port of XeTeX v0.994

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Jun 13 17:15:31 CEST 2006

On 13 Jun 2006, at 3:56 pm, Ralf Stubner wrote:

> Jonathan Kew <jonathan_kew at sil.org> writes:
>> On 13 Jun 2006, at 12:43 pm, Jonathan Kew wrote:
>>> You can demonstrate a similar effect by using Latin Modern and
>>> comparing "AV", "VA", "AVAVAV", and "VAVAVA".
>>
>> The code in the xetex subversion repository now includes a fix for
>> this bug (also reported to the ICU project); it seems to work
>> correctly for me on Mac OS X now, but has not been tested extensively
>> yet.
>
> This particular bug seems to be fixed on Linux, too.

Thanks - yes, it should be fixed for all platforms - it's deep in the
ICU layout code, not in any platform-specific area. I just haven't
gotten to a Linux machine to build it yet.

More of a concern would be testing with a wide variety of OpenType
fonts to verify that there are no unexpected side-effects of the
change. Eventually, I guess the fix will get reviewed by Eric or
others on the ICU project, but in the meantime I consider it a bit
experimental.