[XeTeX] XeTeX, ConTeXt, and utf-8 hyphenation patterns.

Peter Heslin pj at heslin.eclipse.co.uk
Tue Jun 13 13:41:38 CEST 2006

Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> writes:

> ctxtools --pat             [en nl agr ...]
> ctxtools --pat --utf    [en nl agr ...]
>
> the greek conversions were done with the help of a greek language users
> on the context list, so in case of troubles, so i cc there; bugs need to
> be fixed indeed

Thanks for the tips.  I have taken a closer look at the Greek patterns,
and it seems as though they have not only small problems, but also major
problems.  (They will fail to find most hyphenation points before
accented vowels.)  I will try to come up with a patch, but I don't know
any Ruby, so it will be an interesting challenge -- the changes required
go beyond tweaking the existing code.

The characters in the file lang-agr.pat are precomposed, Unicode
normalization form D.  But I'd like to support both normalization forms
C and D, if possible, in the same pattern file.  Is that goal compatible
with Context?

--
Peter Heslin (http://www.dur.ac.uk/p.j.heslin)