[XeTeX] description of the XeTeX mailing list

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Jun 13 12:24:32 CEST 2006

On 3 May 2006, at 10:53 pm, Ross Moore wrote:

> Hi Mojca,
>
> On 04/05/2006, at 1:19 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm extremely glad that the desription of the XeTeX mailing list on
>> http://tug.org/mailman/listinfo/xetex (Unicode-based TeX for Mac
>> OS X)
>> is no longer true.
>>
>> You may now update it to "Unicode-based TeX for Mac OS X and
>> Linux" ;)
>
> Thanks for the tip. It is now that way, and all emails from the
> list-server should include the change.

To revisit an old thread: Ross, I wonder if it would be appropriate
to change the description once more, given that "XeTeX for Linux"
actually runs on various non-Linux systems (such as Solaris, and
probably some other Unix-y things)..... and especially now that it
has been built for Windows as well.

How about "Extended TeX with Unicode and OpenType support", or
something like that? Or perhaps it should be "Unicode-based TeX for
Mac OS X and other systems", recognizing that the Mac OS X version is
the original and most mature implementation.