[XeTeX] STFangsong punctuation kerning

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 07:20:52 CEST 2006

On 12/06/2006, at 4:57 , Likai Liu wrote:

> However, if two full-width punctuation marks appear right next to
> each other, which
> often happens in a sentence with quotation marks or parentheses, there
> is a lot of redundant space. The solution is to "merge" two
> punctuation
> marks into one block.

Hi,

Are the merged punctuation marks available as separate characters?
I suspect not, in which case, your current method seems to be the
only way to go about it at present. Some Asian fonts have half-width
characters, but you'd still need a way to active the feature in this
case. Ideally, the font would be clever enough to do this for you.

Will