[XeTeX] wrong font match and missing characters

Ralf Stubner ralf.stubner at physik.uni-erlangen.de
Sun Jun 11 21:55:44 CEST 2006

Jonathan Kew <jonathan_kew at sil.org> writes:

> Yes, that explains it, and I would say it's a bug in the pfb fonts.
> Which in turn may indicate a bug in the conversion tools that made them.

Not sure. For example GFSDidot-Italic.pfb contains

/FontName /GFSDidot-Italic def
[...]
/FullName (GFS Didot Italic) readonly def
/FamilyName (GFS Didot Rg) readonly def
/Weight (Normal) readonly def
/isFixedPitch false def
/ItalicAngle -12 def

So the only thing that might hint to 'Regular' is the 'Rg' in the
FamilyName. Indeed, if I remove the Rg from there, the font is correctly
recognized as 'style=Italic'. I guess I will have to report this as bug
in fontconfig.

cheerio
ralf