[XeTeX] \special{papersize=...} broken in xelatex? (v0.994a)

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Jun 9 22:36:51 CEST 2006

On 9 Jun 2006, at 8:36 pm, Stephen Moye wrote:

> 1. I updated xe(la)tex via i-Installer. I would have thought that
> would do the trick. No? Is geometry.cfg needed for \special
> {papersize=...} to work?

No, it shouldn't be.... though if geometry or any other package sets
\pdfpagewidth and \pdfpageheight, then your attempts to use \special
{papersize.....} may get overridden. But in that case I'd expect
warnings from xdv2pdf during the run.

> 2. I'm not using geometry.sty, rather I'm commenting on something
> that worked in xelatex 0.99b and does not work on xelatex 0.994a

So far, I'm unclear why it's not working -- it's supposed to still be
recognized. Do you get any warnings? Could you send me a minimal
sample file where the \special seems to be ignored?