[XeTeX] wrong font match and missing characters

Ralf Stubner ralf.stubner at physik.uni-erlangen.de
Fri Jun 9 09:02:47 CEST 2006

Pablo Rodríguez <oinos at web.de> writes:

> Although it worked fine with version 0.992, now the roman version is
> replaced with the bold one and Greek glyphs seem to be missing from the
> font (log file attached).

I can reproduce the problem with the bold fonts here. However, in my
case I get bold greek glyphs. Using \setromanfont{GFS Didot} instead of
\setromanfont{GFS Didot Rg}, the regular weight is used. I am also using
XeTeX 0.994a but haven't updated fontspec yet (still using v1.9a).
Unfortunately GFS Didot has ae => æ enabled by default. Hence it is
probably better to use \setromanfont[Ligatures=NoCommon]{GFS Didot}.

cheerio
ralf