[XeTeX] Fedora Core 4 build success!

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Jun 7 13:17:33 CEST 2006

Am 07.06.2006 um 12:38 schrieb Will Robertson:

>> In pure XeTeX or XeLaTeX you would need to declare
>>
>> 	\font\tenrm="Warnock\space Pro" at 10pt
>
> Actually, I'm surprised you need the \space here...

I just used copy&paste without thinking much about \space ...

>> or use some NFSS2 based statements in XeLaTeX to choose a font, but
>> the "mapping=tex-text" part is fontspec (as would be colour, old
>> style figures, ...).
>
> To be more precise, "fontspec.sty" is my LaTeX package for an
> abstraction on top of the facilities provided by XeTeX, such as
> mapping, colour, letterspacing (wait for it), and AAT/OpenType font
> features. For Linux users, you can't use AAT features so the main
> advantage there is being able to specify features by name and not by
> OpenType feature code.

Ah! This explains why I often do not see the effect I wished to see
-- then I obviously use some dumb TrueType font ...

(I hope I've learned finally that fontspec.sty deals with *AAT* which
is not a feature of every OpenType font!)

--
Greetings

   Pete

When in doubt, use brute force.