[XeTeX] XeTeX 0.994 for Mac OS X

Ralf Stubner ralf.stubner at physik.uni-erlangen.de
Wed Jun 7 09:35:04 CEST 2006

Jonathan Kew <jonathan_kew at sil.org> writes:

> Hmm... is that the current "standard" way to test for pdfTeX?

No. I would say ifpdf.sty, which tests for existance and value of
\pdfoutput, is the reference implementation for that. A informal survey
on my TEMXF tree revealed that most packages do something like this
(graphics.cfg, color.cfg, typearea.sty, ...). The only exceptions I
found where geometry and microtype. The latter does a complicated test
for \pdftexversion, which does not cause any problems here.

I think this is geometry's fault. And as long as Martin does not oppose
to you using the \pdf... primitives, I think it is best to use the same
names.

cheerio
ralf