[XeTeX] XeTeX for Linux and xdvipdfmx

Ralf Stubner ralf.stubner at physik.uni-erlangen.de
Tue Jun 6 17:48:41 CEST 2006

Jonathan Kew <jonathan_kew at sil.org> writes:

> That's the idea, but this area is incomplete. There's plenty of work
> still to be done in xdvipdfmx to improve the font management; the
> current code is just an initial attempt to get basic output.

Fair enough.

> Does it make a difference whether you're using TrueType- or CFF-
> flavored OpenType, BTW?

I haven't made any comprehensive test. Just a few observations:

. MinionPro, CFF, small caps in the PUA: no warnings, text extraction
  gives these PUA code points

. Palatino Linotype, TTF, small caps unencoded, no names in the post
  table: warnings from xdvipdfmx, text extraction gives uncode code
  points beyond U+FFFF (I haven't checked what these are) nor where they
  come from

. Palatino Linotype as above but with an added post table: no warnings,
  text extraction seems to give the same result

Anything in particular that would be worth checking?

cheerio
ralf