[XeTeX] Why do I get small caps/random font?

Adam Twardoch list.adam at twardoch.com
Tue Jun 6 17:08:09 CEST 2006

There are some problems regarding the naming in the LM OpenType fonts.
Briefly speaking, most of the Windows non-OpenType names (Family name id
1.3.1, Style name id 2.3.1) as well as the OS/2 fsSelection
style-linking flags (Font is bold, font is italic) are wrong. For proper
Windows style-linking, the Italic, Bold and Bold Italic styles should
have the same Windows family name (id 1.3.1) as the Regular style. Only
the styles outside of the "basic four" set should have different Windows
family names.

I'll send a more detailed feedback to the LM developers.

--

Adam Twardoch
http://www.twardoch.com/