[XeTeX] XeTeX Linux and TTF fonts [was: Re: Problem with tremas]

Marc Pautrel marc.pautrel at free.fr
Tue Jun 6 13:38:32 CEST 2006

Bruno Voisin a écrit :
 > An alternative (not requiring XeTeX) is the gtamacfonts package,
 > available in gwTeX. The doc is at /Library/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/
 > doc/fonts/gtamacfonts/gtamacfonts.pdf. Be warned though: there has
 > been controversy on the OS X TeX list, regarding whether or not the
 > extraction (used by gtamacfonts) of the original .ttf font files from
 > their OS X packaging as .dfont files is compatible with the Apple OS
 > X license. Personally I think it is, but others think it isn't.

And another question about the Mac OS X fonts is : can XeTeX Linux
(which I never tested) import and use TTF fonts ? for example : export
Mac OS X font in TTF format (with Fondu, which convert dfont in ttf),
re-import it in Linux, then use this font in TeX with XeTeX Linux ?

Importing new fonts in LaTeX is complicated, and the cool feature of
XeTeX for Mac is to use directly in TeX the Mac fonts.

Installing a TTF font in Linux is really easy (KDE has a GUI for
importing TTF fonts in the X server) and it would be a cool Linux XeTeX
feature to be able to use directly Linux fonts...

MP