[XeTeX] (no subject)

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Jun 5 16:29:13 CEST 2006

Le 5 juin 06 à 15:06, Shunichi Amano a écrit :

> When I compile the following, I get Hoefler as I want,  but not Skia.
> Is this normal? If so, is there a way to get small caps of arbitrary
> fonts?
>
> \fontspec[Letters=SmallCaps]{Hoefler Text}
> \fontspec[Letter=SmallCaps]{Skia Regular}

To the first question, yes, and to the second, no. fontspec and XeTeX
will give you access to features already built in a font, but will
not create new features.

> The doc of fontspec says that "Letters=SmallCaps" works for AAT
> fonts. But I don't know how to tell a font is AAT.

AAT is Apple's font technology (Apple Advanced Typography), similar
to OpenType but superior in some respects and inferior in others. You
can see the features available for a given AAT font in the TextEdit
Font panel (Cmd-T), for example, selecting the font then clicking on
the wheel-like icon at the bottom of the panel then selecting the
Typography... item.

Alternatively, for an AAT font you can use XeTeX to process the file
AAT-info.tex, and for an OpenType font you can use XeTeX to process
the file OpenType-info.tex. Both are included in the XeTeX
install .dmg file, in Samples/Plain.

Hope this helps,

Bruno Voisin