[XeTeX] Embedding of fonts from included graphics

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Jun 1 19:13:18 CEST 2006

Le 1 juin 06 à 18:33, Jonathan Kew a écrit :

> No. You'll find that "iff" has the same effect, or even "jiffy". Or
> "office", but not "orifice". As far as I can tell from a few
> experiments, any "ff", "ffi", or "ffl" ligature causes the problem.
> But "fi" and "fl" don't. Bizarre.

"ff" alone, instead of "off", doesn't cause the problem. Thus it
doesn't seem to be the ligature in itself, but some sort of combination.

> It sure sounds like a bug *somewhere*.
>
> Personally, I suspect Acrobat, as I've seen it garble fonts in PDFs
> before, when every other indication was that they're valid. But
> proving it (one way or another) isn't going to be easy.

The fact that the same file that displays badly in Acrobat displays
well not only in Preview but also in xpdf (installed here through
DarwinPorts) seems to indicate Acrobat is indeed the culprit.

Bruno