[XeTeX] Extra text with itemize? "(0).fd (0).fd ..."

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Jul 26 15:00:27 CEST 2006

On 26 Jul 2006, at 1:43 pm, Will Robertson wrote:

> On 26/07/2006, at 10:16 , Bryan Catanzaro wrote:
>
>> I'm using XeTeX 3.141592-0.994a (Web2C 7.5.3), kpathsea version 3.5.3
>> (from fink) on OS X 10.4.7
>> I get some weird behavior with my first item in the first itemize
>> block in a document.
>> Xelatex seems to be inserting some extra text, which repeats like
>> this in the margin next to the first bullet
>> "(0).fd (0).fd (0).fd" for Cochin font,
>
> Hi guys,
>
> This is a definite fontspec problem that I thought I tracked down a
> little while ago. There's a chance that my fix hasn't propagated
> out into the real world yet. What version(s) of fontspec are you
> using?

The current (0.994a) xetex package included fontspec 1.9a (that's
your 1.9, with the lucidamath correction); so that's most likely what
people are using, unless they've specifically updated fontspec
separately.

The next release of xetex (coming soon after the PracTeX conference,
I hope) will of course include the latest fontspec, so people will
get an update at that point.