[XeTeX] Hyperref problem

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fsci.fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Sat Jul 22 10:24:51 CEST 2006

> > In these cases, please use \texorpdfstring{}{} like
> > \section{\texorpdfstring{\'Etude}{utf-8 version}}.
> >

> This makes the bookmark string appear as... "utf-8 version", not the
> correctly rendered accented word "\'Etude" !

Sorry I meant "utf-8 string of \'Etude".
In general, TeX command should be avoided in bookmarks.
\texorpdfstring exists for the sake of this purpose.

> > In order to include foo.jpg, run a command
> > ebb foo.jpg
> > before running xelatex. The command creates foo.bb,
> > a file in which BoundingBox is written.
> >
> > In the latest xelatex (svn revision 310 or higher),
> > you can include foo.jpg without foo.bb by using
> > the default driver. To use the default driver,
> > you should'nt use the option "dvipdfm".
> >

> With the available version downloaded 15 minutes ago :
> - without the option "dvipdfm" :
> -> no bookmarks apart from "utf-8 version" as described above.
> -> jpg are not shown in the pdf (their places seem to be reserved
> though, I get many blank pages).

I suspect you did not replace xetex.def.

> - with the the option "dvipdfm" :
> ->bookmarks are present but with problems when there are accented
> characters (i.e. \'Etude) rendered as squares.
> -> jpegs are included but they are way too big (do not fit in the page)

In this case you have to make foo.bb by "ebb foo.jpg".
Then you can control sizes like
\includegraphics[width=0.8\textwidth]{foo.jpg}

Thanks,
Akira