[XeTeX] Hyphenation again…

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Jul 14 18:11:50 CEST 2006

On 14 Jul 2006, at 4:58 pm, Florian Grammel wrote:

>> Just a note to confirm that this is definitely a xetex bug. It is now
>> fixed in the source code (rev. 301), so when version 0.995 appears,
>> language-switching within paragraphs should work correctly with
>> native fonts.
>
> That's the best "customer"-support I've ever experienced!
> Big thanks!

You're welcome! :)

> Do you already have an idea when you'll release 0.995?
> That's not to push you: I'm just considering, whether to wait with
> fixing odd hyphenations in this current project until then, or
> whether to enter the proper ones by hand whereever needed.

I'd like to get a new release out within the next week or so, if not
too many other things get in the way.... but it's dangerous to try
and predict these things!

One option is to download the source and compile it yourself; this
will give you a "pre-0.995" version that includes this bug-fix. It
should be a fairly painless process, provided you have the Xcode
tools installed; just takes a while (depending on the speed of your
machine). See the "XeTeX for Linux" page for notes on getting and
compiling the latest code from the Subversion repository.