[XeTeX] Hyphenation again…

Florian Grammel grammel at gmx.net
Fri Jul 14 17:58:21 CEST 2006

> Just a note to confirm that this is definitely a xetex bug. It is now
> fixed in the source code (rev. 301), so when version 0.995 appears,
> language-switching within paragraphs should work correctly with
> native fonts.

That's the best "customer"-support I've ever experienced!
Big thanks!

Do you already have an idea when you'll release 0.995?
That's not to push you: I'm just considering, whether to wait with
fixing odd hyphenations in this current project until then, or
whether to enter the proper ones by hand whereever needed.

> The simple fix would be to replace the literal Latin-1 characters
> with ^^xx hex sequences (which would work for both standard tex and
> xetex).

This fix seems to work fine – thanks again!

Best regards,
Florian.