[XeTeX] STIX Fonts

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 22:09:42 CEST 2006

On 14/07/2006, at 4:47 , Ralf Stubner wrote:

> Jonathan Kew <jonathan_kew at sil.org> writes:
>> On 13 Jul 2006, at 4:24 pm, Faisal Moledina wrote:
> [...]
>>> I can't wait for the beta.  Very exciting, in my opinion!
>>>
>>> http://www.stixfonts.org
>
> I wouldn't hold my breath. Similar announcements have appeared before.

I would. Well, not literally :)
I hear they've been working really hard recently to get to this point.
The STIX fonts will be appearing...

> Will it be possible to get the math characters from a different
> font? I
> think the STIX fonts will include glyphs suitable for text processing,
> too, but it might be interesting to mix it with some other text font.

It'll work the same as in regular TeX, so a different font is
specified for maths. No reason it *couldn't* be the same font, now,
though, since glyphs-per-font is no longer an issue.

I'll have to start working harder to keep up with this new
development...luckily for me the STIX project has provided TeX names
for every single maths glyph, so it's just a matter for me of
designing the interfaces. It would be exciting to be able to support
the STIX fonts "from the get go".

Will